You have to visit the nearest Airtel gallery( Can’t be done online)
1) Visit any Airtel store
2) Tell him for upgradation of Adhaar number and tell him you are an existing airtel user
3) He will ask you mobile number and adhaar number
4) Verify fingerprint on Biometric scanner
5) Process done. You will get a message from Airtel shortly that you have succesfully verified your airtel sim
But why to do all this?
Supreme Court requires ID details of all the subscribers in India. In order to get these details Government of India has made linking Adhaar card compulsory for new and existing users. A user has a timeto get this done till end of February 2018.
Linking process is not available online so one will have to physically visit any nearby store.
Terms and Other details
1. As of now, you can add maximum 7 mobile connection of each operator.
2. You don’t need to pay fee for the re-verification
3. the legal age to get a sim card is 18 or above. If your age is below 18 years and has a SIM card then I think you can link your Aadhar.
4. If you have taken your mobile connection via E-KYC mode then no need to visit the retailer.
5. The verification process is for those who have got SMS. But soon it will be compulsory for all consumers.
6. If you don’t have aadhar card, You should get the Aadhaar card first and then visit your nearest store for verification.
7. If you have more than one connection, no need to provide biometric every time. However, you have to verify your number for all the connections individually using the four digit verification code by visiting the nearest mobile store.